Committees to look at parking issues in Lewes07/06/2018
At their June 11th meeting, Mayor & City Council created two ad-hoc committees to look at the parking issues in Lewes. One committee will look into solutions for the business district and the other will look at the beach side.
Ted Becker and Bonnie Osler will co-chair the Business District Parking Review Ad-Hoc Committee with committee members Lewes business owners Matt Disabatino & Darica Ward, Rev. Jeff Ross of St. Peter’s Church and Lewes resident Nancy Staisey.
Fred Beaufait and Dennis Reardon will co-chair the Beach Parking Review Ad-Hoc Committee, with committee members Lewes business owner Donn Wagner, Lewes beach resident Pres Lee and frequent beach user Linda Rathmanner.
The CHARGE of these two committees is to:
· Review current regulations regarding parking in respective areas to insure regulation and enforcement are consistent and that issues of encroachment are addressed.
· Review alternative sites for possible expansion of available parking.
· Convene public meetings obtained input from the public regarding concerns and possible remedies for consideration.
· Hold at least one joint meeting prior to submitting recommendations to Mayor & City Council
· Enlist the support of outside resources as deemed necessary.
Business District Parking Review Committee’s first meeting will be on July 12th at 8:30am
Beach Parking Review Committee’s first meeting will be on July 16th at 2:30pm
Both meetings will be held in Council Chambers in City Hall.