The City is excited to announce...Lewes Line...a pilot seasonal transit program to transport residents and visitors to designated key locations throughout the City. The goal of this service is to alleviate parking and traffic congestion on city streets, help with the parking challenges throughout the city and provide increased circulation to services and businesses.
The Lewes Line transit service begins Monday, May 23rd, and will operate seven days a week through September 30th. Each bus can accommodate 12 walk-on passengers and 2 handicapped passengers.
Hours: 9am - 9pm
Cost: $1 cash (credit cards are not accepted and change is not available)
Timing: Each stop will be served once every half hour
Frequent Rider: Cards are available and can be purchased from the bus driver. The fee for each card is $10 for 12 rides. Cards can be used the entire season. No refunds will be given for unused rides and these cards have no cash value.
Bus will pick up passengers at these designated locations:
- Cape May Lewes Ferry Terminal
- Johnnie Walker Beach
- Savannah Beach
- Otis Smith Lot
- Second & Market Streets
- George H.P. Smith Park
- Lloyd's Market
- Lewes Library & Lewes Trailhead
- Cape Henlopen High School (available weekends only in May & September; available 7 days a week in July and August)
If you have questions or concerns...Call Lewes City Hall at 302-645-7777 or send an email to email@example.com. Lewes City Hall is open Monday - Friday from 8am - 4pm, except holidays. If you call outside of these hours please leave a message and someone will contact you the next business day.
THE CITY WELCOMES ALL PASSENGERS
To ensure the ride is enjoyable for everyone,
please follow these important bus rules.
1. Be respectful & courteous of passengers - No smoking, vaping, eating, drinking, inappropriate language or unruly behavior is permitted on the bus.
2. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
3. The City reserves the right to refuse service to any person who is intoxicated, under the influence, disruptive or unruly.
4. Passengers must dress appropriately by wearing shirts and shoes.
5. Passengers may bring items on the bus - Please remember to only bring items you can carry on and keep out of the walking aisle.
6. Buses have wheelchair accessibility - Each bus can accommodate up to two wheelchairs.
7. Service animals are permitted on the bus - Please leave pets home.
8. Buses will operate daily unless there is a significant event - Please stay tuned to this webpage for operational changes.
9. Items left on the bus will be turned over to the Lewes Police Department - The department can be reached by calling 302-645-6406 or by visiting 111 Franklin Avenue.